Friday, June 22, 2007

Pisa and the Weekend

Pisa was rather disappointing. It was nice to see the leaning tower, but there really isn't much of anything else in that town. It also isn't very big compared to most of the architecture I've seen here. If they hadn't built on soft soil I doubt anyone would even be visiting Pisa at all. We went, we saw, we took pictures, and we left. So, if anyone out there was planning a vacation in Pisa I would recommend against it. You'd be bored in a few hours.

This weekend I'll be headed to Sicilia. The trains are actually on a 24 hour strike, but mine is scheduled to leave at about midnight Friday night (6pm for you eastern time zone folks) so it should not be affected. I doubt I'll be looking at a computer while I'm there, so don't expect to hear from me for a few days. I'll update Tuesday sometime.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

The foolish man built his house upon the sand.:) Sorry Pisa disappointed you.

Thanks for letting us know it will be a few days before you update. That way I won't worry about you.

Aaron flew to Ft. Lauderdale today to join Cortney for ten days. He figured he deserved a break.

Robert and I took Rachel and Michael to Olive Garden for her birthday. We thought about you. But I'm sure you're enjoying better Italian food than that.

Love,

Mom

DocX said...

So, veni vidi vipic? :-)

-Kevin

Unknown said...

Okay, Kevin, I know veni vidi vici, but I don't know the word vipic. I came, I saw, I left?

Tina