Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Florence and Things

Sorry I've not updated anyone in so long. It is very warm in Florence and the internet cafe does not have air conditioning. When it is 95F outside, you can imagine how it feels in a room full of computers. So, I've not spent much time at one and therefore, no updates!

Just to catch everyone up a bit...I've been in Florence for a week now. I spent the past weekend in Venice. I saw all of the major things, including the Basilica San Marco. I took pictures. You'll love them. Venice is a beautiful city, but it is crowded with tourists. It was nearly impossible to find a quiet corner during the day, except perhaps in the Jewish ghetto.

Yesterday I climbed to the top of the Duomo here in Firenze. That means more great photo opportunities, of course. This morning I went to the Uffizi Galleries. I'm more of an architecture person, but it was nice to see a few classic works of art from DaVinci.

I'm off now, as I'm heading to Pisa for the afternoon.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Well, it just all sounds so movie-ish, Seth! I know you're having the time of your life. Thanks for the update!

Love,

Mom