Tuesday, June 5, 2007

Colloseum and Palatine Hill

Today we had a tour through the Colloseum and Pallatine Hill. Standing on 2000 year old stone pillars has a way of creating a sense of awe. It was an excellent day. I took a ton of pictures and video and can't wait to show everyone. So far I've taken about 4 gigs of footage altogether. At Palatine Hill I got a video of the ruins of bronze age huts that date to about 753 B.C. This would be about the time when Romulus and Remus founded the city of Rome in legend.

Rylan and I also went down to our favorite area of the city where we met a girl working in a pizza joint from Chicago. We're probably going to catch up with her tomorrow and let her show us around the city, as she's been studying here for about 2 years. I had some pizza there with fresh tomato, green olives, and capers. It was delicious. For dinner we went out to a place here in Ostia that was fantastico. I wish all of you could taste the pizza and pasta here. It is nothing like what we get back home.

Tomorrow we head out to Vatican City for a tour there and a visit to their museum. For now I'm out and on to bed. I've had only un piccolo sleep since arriving in Roma and it is beginning to wear on me.

4 comments:

Michael, Rachel & Elijah said...

Aww, I can't wait to see pictures!

Mmm, pizza. How were the capers? I've never had them, but they always scared me from what I've seen on Food Network.

Well, Michael and I have searched long and hard (or should I just say Michael since I haven't done any work at all, really) to get tickets so we can be at your graduation, but I think we've finally done it. We're actually buying them as I sit here and type this. We're getting a pretty good deal. We're flying AirTran. I had never heard of them until today, but they're pretty cheap. According to reviews, some people like them, others...not so much. We'll see, I guess.

Oh, and we got the bigger Tom Nook's store! Nookington's, it's called. There's even an upstairs to the store now! Pretty nice.

DocX said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
DocX said...

The pizza is different...but would you choose it over Giovanni's if you had to pick one for the rest of your life?? :-)

Unknown said...

Seth,

I am so glad you are finally getting to taste REAL Italian food! But now you will be spoiled and even Giovanni's won't cut it.:)

Love,

Mom